Thursday, January 31, 2013

The PlayStation 3 Slim

I was rather excited upon recieving my cheap ps3 controller. Its a beautiful piece of machinery to say the least. Love the re-done finish, no fingerprints! yay!
Anyway, Sony must be congratulated on producing such a versatile and cost effective console. My system has been playing CDs, DVDs, and games with the utmost speed and graphical clarity. Also, it doesnt overheat like the previous model. I found the online experience to be a bit limited...but maybe this is because I only tried it for a few hours. The controller is awesome and there is no lag time between delivery and execution of commands.
I think the only complaint I have about PS3 is that it lacks backward compatability with games for the PS and PS2 consoles - this would have been one thing to make the system perfection.

In short, I think this product is great for anyone who wants a CD, DVD, BluRay player and Game console...plus tonnes of Hard drive space..all in one relatively small unit. Have fun!!
Awesome buy, especially for the giftcard. Been wanting a ps3 controllers for years now and finally got it. I owned a Wii for a number of years and was so tired of Nintendo's Kid's games. First thing I got was Batman: Arkham Asylum, and it was bad ass.
The PS3 is a great console. Looking at the specs you'll realize that this is a PC in disguise; with the only difference that all of its power is aimed toward gaming. Games like God of War III and Red Dead Redemption give you a clue of what the engine is capable of. Being a programmer, I'm absolutely amazed by the power of this thing.
My only criticism would be that the tools provided to charge the controllers are very lame (I believe a Sony charger should be standard) and that no game in the PS Network is free (contrary to the Microsoft Xbox console). There's plenty of demo's though to have fun for quite a while.
I love my ps3 dualshock 3 controller and I'm not precisely a "full-time" gamer. And the best of all... even if you don't really get into the whole gaming universe you're getting a hell of a blue-ray player. Thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment